Do you crave to travel somewhere exotic and not too far away from home, and yet still experience great food, culture, scenery, adventure, wildlife, friendly people, and warm weather?! AND, most importantly, it's SAFE!
If so, you need not look any further than Costa Rica! From endless beaches to rainforests to river valleys and such biodiversity all located in this great country.
They have been OPEN for business, keeping people safe with their protocols, and making people blissful since November 1st, 2020 (during the pandemic, i.e.). I have this amazing connection that I work with to craft the perfect experience designed just for you!
Following are 10 awesome activities that you can enjoy in Costa Rica including:
1. Ziplining through a forest Ziplining is a great activity for all ages. You get an exceptional view that you can't achieve any other way enabling you to see animals and birds up close and also add some adrenaline to your vacation if you're so inclined. One such option in Costa Rica includes the Monteverde Forest with a view of the Arenal Volcano.
2. Incredible Wildlife
Costa Rica has 27 national parks that make up to 5% of the entire world's biodiversity. Almost 25% of the the country is made up of national parks and wildlife. It's a birdwatchers paradise with 922 species recorded in August 2019. It's also home to 4 different kinds of cheeky monkeys and 2 species of the ever cute sloths. Not to be forgotten are the countless whales and dolphins to be seen in the Corcovado National Park area.
3. Year-round Surfing
Costa Rica is a year-round surfing paradise in towns such as Samara, Avellanas, and Tamarindo. Many beaches offer lessons for beginners. The Pacific and Caribbean coasts offer warm water and a steady wind to make the conditions perfect for surfing, for both beginners and pros alike.
4. Hike, kayak or paddle board around a volcano The area around the massive Arenal Volcano is often enjoyed by kayakers, boaters, and paddleboarders. There are hot springs, waterfalls, zip lines and horseback riding available below the volcano summit. Another million-year-old volcano in Rincon de la Vieja National Park offers spectacular views of the Nicoya Peninsula and Lago de Nicaragua.
5. Enjoy the Tranquility of the Jungle
The natural hot springs, with geothermal waters heated by the volcano, are used for therapeutic healing with a wonderful, relaxing green backdrop.
6. Appreciate the Waterfalls
Waterfalls are abound in Costa Rica including La Fortuna located by the Arenal volcano reached by taking a 20 minute hike. Another great waterfall includes one in Tenorio Volcano National park with its bright blue waters. There are also some lesser known waterfalls including Bajos del Tori and Catarata del Toro deliver outstanding views as well.
7. Great 'Rio' (river) Rafting
Not to be missed by adventurers, is also the white-water experience on the Rio Pacuare through the safari-style jungle. It's actually been listed as one of the top locations for white-water rafting by National Geographic! The Rio Savegre also offers great safari opportunities with sightings of jaguars, tapirs and plenty of birds by the river's edge as you raft by.
8. Drives through the Jungle Costa Rica has great off-beaten path experiences that are best taken in a 4x4 or via horseback. There are also some great opportunities for self-drive motorcycle experiences with late model BMW or KTM bikes available. Of course, there's always the option of a private vehicle and driver as well to consider, if that's your preferred option too. There are unique and wonderful views to be had all over this beautiful country in whatever manner suits you the best.
9. Scuba and Deep Diving
The Gulf of Papagayo is famous for both its beaches and as a popular place for divers. Cocos Island, Cano Island, Catalina Islands, Bat Islands, and Tortuga Island are the top 5 spots for scuba diving in Costa Rica with an incredible abundance and variety of marine life.
10. Yoga Retreats
If you're not quite as adventurous or simply need to rest from all your rigorous activities, Costa Rica also offers some wonderful retreats enabling you to rejuvenate and relax in a wonderful, natural setting. As an example, Nosara, on the Nicoya Peninsula, with its impressive lush beaches, offers many options for yoga and wellness. It's even noted as one of the 5 "Blue Zones" where people live the longest and healthiest lives!
No matter whether you opt for an adrenaline rush or you're in need of a relaxing, regenerating experience, or a little of both, Costa Rica is the place for you! Costa Rica is a paradise for everyone looking for adventure, sun, beaches, forests, wildlife, wellness, and so much more!
Contact me when you're ready to start planning travel and you won't be disappointed with Costa Rica! Costa Rica is a stunning destination that you should definitely add to your travel bucket list. I can help you plan a trip of a lifetime for you and yours!