As a special edition for Valentine's Day, I thought I'd focus on some fabulous places in the world that you can go with your loved one in order to help strengthen your relationship.
According to a survey from the U.S. Travel Association, couples who travel together have happier, healthier relationships than those who don't. Even though they mention specifically couples with this survey, this also works for families and even friends as well!
Here are 15 of the most fabulous options (in no particular order) for you to consider in order to strengthen your relationship with your significant other.
1. The Maldives - A 26-atoll chain of islands located in the Indian Ocean southwest of Sri Lanka and India. It is blessed with white sandy beaches, turquoise waters, and stunning over-the-water bungalows. There's a huge number of fabulous accommodations to choose from including such properties as Virtuoso's Conrad Maldives Rangali Island pictured below.
2. The Seychelles - An amazing island country consisting of 115 islands in the Indian Ocean east of continental Africa. Pictured below is Virtuoso's Mango House Seychelles with its 41 sea-facing villas and suites to choose from along southern Mahe's unspoiled beachfront.
3. Zanzibar, Tanzania - An enchanting island located in the Indian Ocean just 15 miles off the coast of Tanzania, Africa with the historic, exciting 'old city' called Stone Town to add to the experience.
4. Fiji Islands - Comprised of over 333 bedazzling tropical islands located in the heart of the Pacific Ocean. These can even be a great stopover on your way to either New Zealand or Australia as an option too! Here's an image of the wonderful Virtuoso property Six Senses located in the Mamanuca Islands of Fiji.
5. Bora Bora - Another famous place well-known for their over-the-water bungalows located in the Leeward Islands of French Polynesia in the South Pacific Ocean. Another great option as a stopover on the way to either Australia or New Zealand. Other great options in this area include Tahiti and Moorea. Pictured below is the exquisite Virtuoso property, Intercontinental Bora Bora Resort and Thalasso Spa.
6. Bali - Located northwest of Australia, Bali is one of over 17,000 islands in the Republic of Indonesia. It's similar to the Caribbean for Australians considering the proximity and ease of access from there. Below is the phenomenal eco-friendly, Virtuoso resort, Alila Villas Uluwatu.
7. Phuket - Thailand's largest island has the most beautiful beaches but also has world-class restaurants, spas, hotels and resorts. There are many other great options in Thailand to consider as well. Such a wonderful place to visit in Southeast Asia. Pictured below is Virtuoso's Amanpuri Luxury Resort and Hotel.
8. Hawaii - There are so many great options to consider in the Hawaiian Islands and they're right on our back doorstep! Each of the islands has its own flavor that may best suit you and your significant other. Hawaii is like being in an exotic locale, without having to travel too far. Pictured here is the Fairmont Orchid on the Big Island of Hawaii.
9. Santorini, Greece - What can I say about Santorini! It's truly a great destination with so much to offer in and around, including many more great islands and a ton of history on the mainland of Greece as well. Pictured here is the fantastic Canaves Oia Boutique Hotel with unbelievable views!
10. Amalfi Coast, Italy - Another very popular, romantic place to visit with some wonderful properties, great food, charming people and many other nearby great options to spend time including the Tuscany region, Sicily, and the other great cities of Italy as well. Pictured here is the magnificent Le Sirenuse located in Positano.
11. Paris, France - Ah! The city of love! Paris has so much to offer and is such a marvelous option offering history, great wines and food, culture, and so much more. Nothing more romantic than a dinner cruise on the Seine River. There are many fabulous hotel options there as well including the Ritz Paris pictured below.
12. Big Sur, California - Another great option, close to home with some wonderful opportunities including golfing experiences at nearby Pebble Beach and the wonderful Napa and Sonoma wine regions of California as well. Depicted below is the Virtuoso property Post Ranch Inn.
13. Safari Lodge, Southern/Eastern Africa - There are so many fabulous options to consider that offer incredible luxury including plunge pools, spas, all the comforts of home and more plus the safari experience. Pictured here is one of the many fabulous Virtuoso options called Tintswalo Safari Lodge in South Africa.
14. Great Barrier Reef, Australia - I likely need say no more about this place other than to say that it's another great option to consider traveling to with that special someone. Pictured here is Qualia located in the Whitsundays on Hamilton Island.
15. The Caribbean - Again, there are so many lovely islands to visit with spectacular properties and I can help you find the island and property that best suits your taste. Pictured here is Hotel Christopher on one of our favorite islands, St. Bart's, but there are so many more options to consider in the Caribbean.
There are many other options within these destinations as well as many others, including river cruises and ocean cruises and I'd be thrilled to work with you to find the perfect one for you and your loved one(s)!